Saturday, November 10, 2018

Building community with ukeleles

At our team away day last week we did the usual team away day things but finished with a fun session when someone came in to teach us to play the ukulele.

We've decided to have ukulele sessions on Tuesday lunchtimes. Four from our team, plus Leslie from another team who has a baritone uke, had a first go on Tuesday.

I got my ukulele from Argos today and hope to get to Hobgoblin tomorrow to get a tuner.

A colleague, normally working near Birmingham, says at his local pub 10 years ago some people who had acquired ukuleles got together to learn how to play them. Sessions twice a month over a few years they got really good. Now twice a year they have a big event at the pub and the place is packed.

I am hoping that once I get to a basic standard (which might take some time!) I can find a local group.


No comments:

Post a Comment